Monday, November 17, 2008

SOS

There's a buzz going around the online that Barack Obama wants Hillary Clinton for Secretary of State. Here's a little roundup of opinion on that question.

Nate Silver: science indicates that hillary shouldn't take it

Matthew Yglesias: isnt this like the only policy sphere where they have starkly incompatible worldviews?

Andrew Sullivan: brilliant move, for she is the snake in obama's garden, and to defang the snake he must marry it.


My two cents are here.

Let's throw together some answers and questions out of order: What exactly does is this the change that we can believe in the drama quotient, how exactly are we gonna deal with what about the former President yes is this Lincoln's team of rivals, or is it, now but on the other hand she is world famous woman, ooh russia wants kiss, drink here is a toast to you!


A unity gesture is cool. I can't help but think of the one lonely hillary fanatic in my facebook circle of friends, who was bitterly anti-obama, rooted hard for mccain this november. how will she and the other PUMAs react when their Hillary herself says, "Well, actually, I like PU."
and I'm not snidely curious. It'll be honestly cool to see if these people come back to the fold.

I'll follow with more if she actually does in fact land the job. Until next time, I leave you with the first google image result for the words: until next time, I leave you with

No comments: