Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Soldering Iron of Justice


Remember the good old days when you could walk around town with a gun on your hip and shoot anyone you wanted to? Remember when Aaron Burr murdered arguably the most talented person in America? Man, those where the good ol' days.

Well, good news! With a little hope, my great home state of Texas may do its part to bring 'em back. A Holstered Gun: So Shooting Yourself in the Leg can be a Daily Occurrence. It's just common sense, if you ask me. Plus, if more people had guns, no one would be dumb enough to then use it on somebody. Come on, that could get you shot! It's so logical it hurts.

Now, kids. If I could speak seriously for a moment. As a person who has literally been robbed at gunpoint before, I feel I have a pretty good grasp on this subject. Think, if only I had a gun on me at the time I would have been in such a better position. Instead of just giving them the $5 I had in my pocket and credit cards that I immediately canceled, I could have tried to grab my gun. Then I could have shot myself or been shot by the assailants in the process. I might (probably) would have ended up dead, but I would have had my dignity and my $5. And to think, if those fuckers hadn't of taken those $5, I could have used that money to buy the bullet the should have potentially ripped through body at some point.

All I know, is that if this country needs anything, it's more guns.

No comments: